Monday, November 4, 2013

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving: Exploring the evolution of animation



Evolving Animation


I grew up with Charlie Brown, as each holiday came my family and I would watch these classic films. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is the compelling story of Charlie Brown and his quirky friends coming together and sharing Thanksgiving dinner together. This film was made in 1973, 40 years ago! It is insane to think this was created so long ago. 

I think it is very interesting how much animation has progressed. I believe Charles Schulz was ahead of his time and created descriptive and intriguing stories. He was the definition of what a real storyteller is and his stories were instant classics. 


The picture above is a clear depiction of how animation has truly changed and evolved at a rapid rate. Animation movies today are so real looking that at times I forget that I am watching drawn characters. Compare this picture to this adorable picture of Puss in Boots:


This picture is so realistic, compared to Charlie Brown and is almost three dimensional. " I absolutely love the modern day evolution of Disney and other animated filmmakers these days. The animation process continues to improve with magical and colorful visual effects, sensational facial expressions, and remarkable scripts" This quote is from an article I read called "The Evolution of Animation" and the author expresses that he loves the classic animation films, but also enjoys the modern day animations as well. The classics of older animation include most Disney movies, such as the classic "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs".



The two pictures above are different styles of animation, however, in modern day we are using different and more advanced programs. The advancement of animation is incredible and amazing. I am excited to see what animation looks in another 40 years! 



1 comment: