Friday, December 13, 2013

"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives."

After a stress-filled but exciting semester, we are done with Falling High. I knew it would feel good, but not this good. Creating this project has taught me more than any other class so far. It was extremely hard and stressful, but I enjoyed it. My group cooperated really well, thankfully, and I am proud of what we made. I still don't know exactly what I want to do with my life, but who ever actually figures that out? However, I can say that I have a better understanding of the industry and different positions that I could possibly be in the future.

As cheesy as it sounds, the most important thing I will take away from making a short film is that cooperation, preparation, and dedication is extremely vital for the whole production process. It really helps when you get along with your group members. And you can never be too prepared. Do everything you can beforehand, that way the shoots go smoothly. Also, just being emotionally invested into your film is huge. If you're passionate about what you're doing, the end product will come out so much better. It's very time consuming, but in the end, it's extremely rewarding.

I'd just like to thank everyone in the class for making the class special. In light of the Christmas season, I'll leave you all with my favorite scene from one of my favorite movies, It's a Wonderful Life, directed by Frank Capra.


No comments:

Post a Comment