Welcome everyone!. The following project structure is intended to provide you with a methodology to be both specific and help you track the progress and meet your milestones. Since individual projects vary widely some points might not apply. However, you can use it as a roadmap to define/clarify your deliverables and go back to it frequently and methodically.
It has four distinct phases:
This phase helps you understand the big picture and the opportunity to achieve the main goals of your project; to take an idea from conception to completion in the most effective manner.
Brainstorming, sketch models, scenarios, analysis and feasibility assessments.
Define the requirements, scope, timeline, budget (your time and resources) and benchmarks for the project.
Requirements of Analysis:
- Prioritize and validate requirements based on quality(1) and strategic factors
- Determine success criteria and metrics
- Define a preliminary list of production requirements.
- Produce a final script with the discovery result.
- Develop a high-level implementation plan. (storyboard)
- Present a timeline and a budget estimate.
During this phase, create the look and feel of the solution (style). Develop the story requirements, the creative components, the technical design and infrastructure that supports the project.
- Storyline and character creation
- Art Direction
- Audio Design
- Production Design
- Equipment requirements
- Lighting diagrams
- Special efx design
- Models, costumes and makeup
Develop and integrate all the creative, technical and information components.
- Location Scouting
- Graphics, 3D video/audio production needs
- Technical integration
- Set design
- System testing
- Problem resolution
Demonstrate the solution after all final specifications and testing results.
- Audience Test performance and feedback
- Implement promotion/communication strategies
That's all folks!
1-Quality: the true nature of things, the peculiar and essential character
All Illustrations custom made by Rich Powell