Thursday, August 29, 2013

My favorite skate video, minus the skating.


A huge passion of mine is downhill skateboarding. Basically you get on a plank of wood with four wheels attached and ride down the biggest hills you can find. Its exhilarating, amusing, and extremely dangerous. Multiple videos of various skaters are released daily, however, this one has always stood out to me. Being a TV/R major, and a skater, I always find myself critiquing videos from two aspects. The skating in this video is not my favorite, however the cinematography leaves little to be desired. The use of color in this video stands out to me the most. I think it really captures the feel of skating while playing perfectly into the mood of the song. Most skate videos also are only produced by 1 or 2 people, usually a videographer and an editor, and sometimes they're the same person. It is evident the amount of work and planning Caliber Truck Co. put into this video. There are five people credited with the production of this video, which may not seem like a lot, but five is large for this type of video. I could go on forever about the perfect use of various angles, slow motion, and b-roll, but you should see for yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment