Friday, August 31, 2012

"We heard noises downstairs at midnight."




This story for me is about the universal fear of the unknown. When I was young, I would be easily scared by noises that came from an unknown source, especially at night. However, I would prematurely fear them. Maybe my father was coming home late at night from work, and it was not a burglar breaking into my apartment. For others, it could Santa Clause leaving gifts, and not a serial killer looking for victims. I want this story to give a feeling that we have to fear the unknown in our own homes sometimes and it can be really scary. Our imaginations get the best of us and our fear grows until we find the source of the sound. You can never know if we should fear the sound's source until we find out for ourselves.

- Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment