Sunday, September 2, 2012

Soup du Jour

     Hello.  I am a lover of food and I always like trying new things.  Going out to different restaurants in new places is a hobby of mine and I always like to experience new tastes.  You can imagine the excitement I felt the first time I saw downtown Ithaca.  One consistent with my love of food is soup.  Soup has been one of my favorite foods for all my life.  Not chicken noodle, not beef stew, not chili, but all kinds of soup.  I love them all, well almost them all.
     I have recently started cooking soups at home.  Last fall I made a delicious pumpkin apple soup for thanksgiving which got rave remarks from friends and family (I'm sure some were just being nice).  Luckily, I am able to keep my passion for soup with me at school because our dining halls make great soups.
    To end this blog I will let you all know what some of my favorite soups are even though you probably aren't that interested.  My favorites include french onion, chili, my mom's mushroom barely, and pasta fagioli.  These soups are my favorites because I have had them at specific restaurants and they are amazing there, and because I get them consistently and it's always good.
     I hope to continue my passion for soup throughout my life.  I want to cook new soups and try to blends of flavors.  To me, there is nothing better than sitting at a restaurant with people you love and starting the meal off with a good cup of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment