Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Minority Report

I thought I would take a break from films and try watching a new TV series. Sunday night I began watching FOX new show "Minority Report" starring Megan Good. Initially I mistaken the show for the 2002 film "Minority Report" starring Tom Cruise, the films storyline handles themes of guilt, freewill, and advancements in technology; overall the film was visually appealing and intriguing to the audience.


"Minority Report" the show is almost exactly the same as the film with the themes of guilt, and technology but lacks some of the surprising elements the film had. I wondered if the show could have been created purposely to reenact the film?



Anyhow, the show opens ten years after canceling of the PreCrime Division; a group of individuals specifically created to see crime before it happened. Lara Vega (Megan Good) is a cop that meets a man named Dash (played by Stark Sands) who is connected to the old program. Dash has the ability to see glimpses of a crime before it occurs and sketch it out, but without his other companions he cannot solve the crimes. The pilot was very action filled and extremely fast paced, I quickly lost my interest once I couldn't understand the characters actions. I also noticed that because the show was so fast pasted, the characters lacked development. I have a five episode rule, so far I'm three episodes and my verdict is that it's just another cop show.

No comments:

Post a Comment