Monday, December 12, 2011

Men In Black III


I have always been a little weary of franchises that try and make a come back after many years due to a large line of failed attempts for sequels, but despite myself I was excited when I saw that Men In Black was making third movie. Many franchise after being dormant for years try and make a come back, I assume most of their motives are purely to make the next big block buster and many have failed for that reason. When you aim to make a movie purely so it will be a block buster summer hit it can often fall short of all the hype you inevitably create around it. Such examples are the fourth Indiana Jones movie and the new Star Wars movies to name two. A movie has to be made out of love and creativity in order for the fans to get behind and support it. I was not very surprised when I read that they were making a new MIB movie because it is in vogue to remake old movies or bring back a dead franchise, but when I saw the trailer I was happily surprised that they seemed to have a new take on the story. As most fans of most franchises will say, I liked the first movie the best, however the second one did an alright job pick up from a story that had seemingly ended. Though I am skeptical, I will definitely stand in line next year and see what a 10 year gap can do for this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment