Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars

I was forced…yes forced to watch The Fault in Our Stars this past weekend. I refused to watch it before because I’m not a fan of movies involving any type of terminal sickness. One reason is, I get queasy and the main reason is that I’d rather not be depressed for days after it ends. However, my roommate told me I absolutely HAD to watch it and she wasn’t letting it go so I gave in. She said she balled her eyes out but my other roommate said she didn’t shed a tear so I was curious to see how I would react.  


The movie was twenty minutes in and I was already crying. I almost shut it off but then it happened…I got attached to the characters. I had to watch even though I knew it was going to end in tragedy. It was very well paced. I don’t cry easily and I haven’t cried like that in a long time. I was crying at the happy parts and actually needed a box of tissues next to me. It was pathetic.



For those who haven't seen it yet I don't want to give anything away so I will just say the story is about first love in the face of death (clearly shown in the trailer below). Yes it is full of clichés but I actually didn’t mind. The movie is definitely targeted towards teenage girls but it’s honest and bittersweet. At times I think it tries too hard to be cute and sappy. However, it’s still adorable and the lead actors truly do a great job.

I admit, I was slightly depressed after but I was also inspired and extremely grateful for everything I have. So yes I recommend watching it...if you’re in the right state of mind and have some tissues or a whole box.


No comments:

Post a Comment