Friday, September 12, 2014

The Grand Budapest Hotel


I recently watched Wes Anderson’s film The Grand Budapest Hotel. It tells the advendtures of Gustave, a legendary concierge and Zero Moustafa the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend.


I thought it was very interesting and extremely well made. Wes Anderson’s films are known for their distinctive visual and narrative style. After watching this movie I can understand why. Every aspect of the film was planned and executed in a very specific manner. There are some great camera angles and very elaborate sets. I’ve never seen a movie with such precise camera movements. I didn’t really care for the story but the cinematography made the movie, at least for me. The movie could be paused at any point and each frame would look amazing. Every single frame is a mesmerizing and stunning composition of colors and textures. The constant flowing camera movements make you feel like you’re swimming through the hotel.  Basically, I just think it is a brilliant movie and everyone should see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment