Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cake Boss



Over the summer i was fortunate enough to spend 3 months interning with the production company HighNoon Entertainment. Last week one of the new episodes that they aired was one of the cake deliveries that i was able to work on. The episode was about how they made a life size cake of Betty White to bring to her after party. I remember that shoot like it was yesterday. It was the first delivery that I ever went on and I was put in charge of fire watching the equipment..... sounds cooler than it actually was. Fire watching is watching over almost anything and making sure nothing happens to it. Jokes aside it was actually a really exciting day for me, i remember telling all my friends and family that I was standing only 150 feet away from Betty White. My internship was one of the best opportunities that I have ever experienced because I learned so much from all the people that I worked with. They taught me all about the importance of releasing the individuals who may appear on the show, I learned all about different types of film equipment that I wasn't introduced yet in my production classes at Park and so much more. It was exciting to be able to see something that I worked on appear on television and I am excited for it to happen more often once i graduate college.

Sketch of the Betty White cake.

It was a pleasure having class with you all and I'm so sad that this is my last blog post.... have a great Winter Break!!!

-Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment