Thursday, December 13, 2012

Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen

We are approaching the end of the semester and I can say that I am looking forward to break, but I am going to miss Fiction Field 2. I enjoyed my projects and I feel like I learned more about directing from my first project than any other film I have worked on, even though it was only a minute long. I learned that length is not important as detail and action.

I also got a chance to try script supervising, which I did enjoy. I realized the importance and difficult that can come with keeping track of shots and how long they are.


I really enjoyed my classmates and their creativity on the different projects. I learned more about the collaboration process that comes from making student films. I discovered what qualities a person should have for them to be good to work with. Crew chemistry is probably one of the most important things that a producer should keep in mind and that is something I will remember when I do my thesis next year.


At first, I was not sure of what to think of the blogs posts, but as time went on, I realized it was a great way to force me to sit down and watch a movie or a television episode every week. It gave me time to relax and think about my major and the medium I want to work in.

To end the semester, here is my top movie list of the year, all of which I recommend.

5. The Master
4. Moonrise Kingdom
3. Argo
2. Skyfall
1. Lincoln




No comments:

Post a Comment