Sunday, September 11, 2011

Circular Replication


So for our first project, I decided to go against the rules a little for video production. The first commandment in shooting a movie to always follow the 180 rule, and for those of you who don't know the rule it states:

the 180° rule is a guideline that says two characters or objects in a certain scene should always have the same left/right relationship to each other. If the camera passes over the imaginary axis connecting the two subjects, it is called crossing the line.

Know you ask how should i break this law. Well, for a thirty second time period I decided to leave the camera in one location and slowly pan in a circle for 30 seconds. To make this look good, I have to make sure something is going in each quarter of the circle. I wanted a challenge for this project and I definitely think this task will give it to me. If you have any question, comments, or suggestions please comment.

thanks

Steve Kinslow

No comments:

Post a Comment