Friday, October 4, 2013

Voice Over (2011)

Recently I watched a short film titled Voice Over, directed by Martin Rosete and written by Luiso Berdejo. The main reason why I was so interested in this film is because it contains so many different settings all within 10 minutes, and balances between them perfectly. The film contains no dialogue, only voice over from what appears to be the "voice of God." In each setting (a man who crash landed on a distant planet, an amputee in combat in a war, and a sailor trapped underwater) the individual has three minutes to save themselves, whether it be getting oxygen, blowing up a bridge, or untying a knot which drags them down.

Since our videos have to be around 10 minutes, this video gave me a lot of inspiration for the amount of scope you can include in a movie that is rather short. I was blown away at how tense the film made me feel simply from a voice over reminding the viewer how much time they have left until they die. One thing I noticed is that for each individual, the stakes got higher toward the end of the film, seriously drawing me to the edge of my seat, only to be taken aback by the twist at the end, which I won't reveal. It's funny how you can watch a full length movie which has hours to build up character development, and it still will not captivate you as much as a short length film such as Voice Over.


1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I was blown away at how tense the film made me feel simply from a voice over reminding the viewer how much time they have left until they die.

    Hispanic marketing

    ReplyDelete