Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dorm Life

I came across this web series my freshman year when a friend sent me the link. This mocumentary web series was produced by former UCLA students and so I found it very interesting to watch, knowing it was made by communication students like myself. It is very well done and I was very impressed with the production value. Each episode is only about 5 minutes long. It is very well written and I found myself addicted, watching episode after episode, laughing at the quick, witty dialogue and the awkward yet interesting characters. This show is the most watched web series on Hulu and it is a 2008 Webby Honoree for Best Writing and Comedy: Individual Short or Episode.

After finishing both seasons, I decided to look up the students who worked on this film. I found several of them on Facebook, and ended up friend requesting Brian Singleton (pictured above) who plays Marshall Adams, one of the RA in the series. He accepted my request and it is so interesting to see the things he posts. For example, it says on his Facebook that he is currently employed as a writer on Arrested Development. Although I'm not sure he'd respond if I messaged him, I think that it is very cool that through the internet, I can connect with so many people already working in the business. (I once found and messaged Seth Meyers on Facebook... but that is another story). Check out the first episode of Dorm Life below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment