Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Brave


Over the break I watched Brave with my family after Thanksgiving dinner. It was a cute movie with a good message. I thought that the animation was very well done. Pixar has come a long way with their animation and this was by far one of their best animated films so far. My mom kept commenting how some of the shots showing mountain ranges and ocean bays looked almost real. The one issue I did have with this film was the fact that the scottish accents were hard to understand. I missed many chunks of dialogue and even considered turning on subtitles so I wouldn't miss anything important.  I understand that they wanted to make it more authentic by using real scottish voice actors, but felt that they should have slowed the dialogue down or had the voice actors pronounce their words more clearly. I really liked the story and thought it showed a relationship we haven't seen in a while, the relationship between a mother and daughter. I watched it with my mom and Grandma (Mom's mom) and it was a nice way to end Thanksgiving.



Here is a behind the scenes look at the making of Brave.



No comments:

Post a Comment