Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Endless Summer

I saw this title on Netflix and was obviously attracted to it from its pretty cover, but I remembered that we spoke about this documentary briefly in class. I also have a shirt that says it, but I had never watched it. So I decided to watch The Endless Summer. I had no idea what it was about going in. I did not even know it was a documentary. At first, I was bored, waiting for something to happen... But then I realized how beautiful it was. Obviously, the whole entire frame of pretty much the whole movie is filled with the ocean and waves. So just staring at it is really awesome. In a lot of the scenes, the sun is at a place in the sky that it is reflecting off the water so magically. The colors are really cool and eventually the narrators voice is soothing.
This basically just shows the technique and the art of surfing, and it follows two surfers on a journey they go on to find an "endless summer". They travel around the world following the season of summer and surf all day long. They show really awesome places and different kinds of waves. The two surfers have such a routine for going into waters they have never been in. It is a classic documentary that I really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment