Thursday, November 8, 2012

Despicable Me- Part Deux




One of my many summer jobs is a babysitter for two very young children who love to watch movies. I saw an array of cartoon and computer animated film this summer but one that I really loved was Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment's Despicable Me, starring the voices of Steve Carell, Miranda Cosgrove and Jason Segal. The movie tells the story of Gru (Carell), a criminal mastermind, who spends all of his evil time stealing the World's greatest places, including the moon and The Great Pyramid of Giza. During his plan to steal the moon, three small orphaned girls fall under his care. The movie shows Gru's transition from an evil super-villain to the caring man the small orphans know and love. I love this film and thought that voices of the characters were well casted, the animation was excellent, and provided a story that worked for all ages. I think I enjoyed this movie more than the kids did. Here's one of my favorite scenes....




This summer, Despicable Me 2 is being released, featuring characters from Al Pacino, Kristen Wiig, Steve Carell, and Russel Brand, as well as many others. I am super excited to see Despicable Me 2 and will probably be the only person in theatre older than 10. The sequel focuses on Gru's right hands the minions and tells the story from their perspectives. Check out the trailer below.....



Best, Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment