Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Big Bang.....again?

Admittedly, I do not watch as much TV as I should for a TV-R  major but I happen to catch a few shows in between classes. Aside from American Horror Story, which is my favorite television show of all time, I watch The Big Bang Theory on CBS. The Big Bang Theory originally aired on CBS in 2007 and has recently been renewed for three more seasons. The show became CBS' highest-rated evening show. I started watching this show for the simple fact that it was always on. After watching about four episodes I realized that I actually enjoyed the show and was pleased by the familiar cast which features Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki. I do not go out of my way to watch this show but I definitely don't mind watching it when it's on. It think the show provides enough comedy to momentarily fill my entertainment void.

The character that attracted me the most to the show was Sheldon Cooper Ph.D, played by Jim Parsons. I was attracted to his character because of the complexity and intelligence he brought to the show, which I usually don't see on CBS. I was fascinated by his obsession with routines and very obvious lack of social skills. His lack of common sense and knowledge of  his surroundings creates a comedic effect of his methodological behavior.  Sheldon is constantly reminding his roommates and neighbor about their human flaws and plays as the nuisance of their relationships. Jim Parsons does an excellent job playing Sheldon Cooper and has won two Primetime Emmy Awards, a  Golden Globe Award, and a Critics' Choice Television Award for his performance

I think that The Big Bang Theory is definitely a show worth checking out if you'r ecruising through the channels on your TV or are interested in some intelligent humor. I am glad that I was exposed to this show and think that it is one of the better shows I have watched in the last 3 years, on basic cable.  Anyhow, check out the clip below of Sheldon.



Peace,
Brie



No comments:

Post a Comment