Tuesday, November 29, 2011

American Horror Story




So I realize I'm more than a little behind the times on this one, but within just the past couple of weeks, I've gotten really into American Horror Story. The first thing that drew me to the show was the obvious fact that it was going to be terrifying, (and considering I'm a complete horror movie nerd, that totally appealed to me,) and the fact that it got amazing reviews, despite its borderline-corny trailer.


After the first episode, I was hooked. Not only was the storyline intriguing, but all of the actors were amazing and had incredible chemistry with one another. Now, with just these characteristics, the show could have easily been just another spooky show, but one thing really set it apart from anything else I've seen before: the editing. One of the biggest things that I've noticed is that unlike other shows, American Horror Story does not avoid jump-cuts, but actually seeks them out. The cuts, combined with a perfect mixture of straight-on shots and POV shots make for a really interesting show that I would highly suggest to anyone who hasn't already seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment