Sunday, November 27, 2011

Immortals

Luckily for me I have a friend that works at a Regal movie theater and get to see a lot of free movies while at home. This means that if the movie ends up being bad I can walk away with no guilt. Being guys, my friends and I had to go see Immortals while over break. Roger Ebert called Immortals "the best looking awful movie you will ever see."

I will support this statement. The plot was a twisted mess of Greek myth and legend that I will try to summarize. King Hyperion, played by Mickey Rourke (who was not in any trailers so I was surprised when he came on the screen.) is mad at the Gods for "letting" his family die. He rises up from slave status commanding a massive army on a quest to destroy civilization and release these powerful warriors, the Titans, to destroy the Gods. Mickey Rourke will go to a town or village, enslave all its people, and rape all its women. The raping has a purpose, he states in the film that he wishes to leave his mark on history for centuries to come by having many, many children. One villager, Theseus, won't stand for this. Theseus is a great warrior who has gained the attention of the Gods and they assist him on his quest to destroy King Hyperion. With such an epic story comes epic violence.



Oh yeah, and its in 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment