Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Manners Maketh Man


      More often than not, I miss out on huge opportunities to see great movies in theaters (and other things) because I'm a cheap and lazy college student. I've missed massive classics but more recently, I actually was able to see Kingsman: The Secret Service. After being encouraged to see it after my flatmates at the time had seen it 5 times (not kidding) in theaters, I tagged along to waste the 15 quid. I had never heard of the film prior as I didn't watch TV or sit through advertisements so I didn't exactly know what I was getting into but, LET ME TELL YOU, the fight scenes in this film made
me want to cry and throw my kidneys against a wall.

      Now, not only am I an absolute piece of putty when it comes to fight scenes, but throw in an amazing sound design and loads of gore AND COLIN FIRTH and you've got me rolling around on the floor with happiness. Truth be told, Colin Firth did most of his own stunts. I can't even get out of my own bed without twisting my ankle and Colin Firth is here dodging bullets and knifing churchgoers. 

      The entire film managed to prove to be worth the money I spent on seeing and as soon as I walked out, I wanted to see the damn thing again. The story arch was kinda prodding at some times, and the product placement was nearly tragic, but the humour and the fight scenes were fantastic. And Eggsy is just a gorgeous character and the way he is played makes you want to just pick him up and cradle him. I adore characters that could easily kill me yet still have that puppy dog thing going on. They are truly a gift to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment