Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Simple Bear Necessities

Disney's trailer for the new live action "Jungle Book" was released this week. If you haven't seen it, here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcgJRQWxKnw. When I first watched the clip I was impressed and excited, especially when I saw Christopher Walken's name flash on the screen. (I love me some Christopher Walken.) Anyway, other actors the new movie will include are Bill Murray, Ben Kingsley, Idris Elba, Lupita Nyong'o and Scarlett Johansson. I think picking Johansson to play the role of Kaa (the snake) is a great choice. Her calming voice has a strange eeriness throughout the entire trailer.
Sssssssss
The entire look of the film is really appealing. It reminds me "Life of Pi," but that might just be because of the tigers. It also has a similar feel to the hit "Avatar." Many wide sweeping shots are used as well as interesting POVs that draw you into the action. Also of course fast paced dramatic music is playing in the background as well. 
















But even with the amazing production quality, I'm sure a lot of loyal fans are debating whether it can stand against the original charm of the 1967 classic. I feel like there's a fine line between turning a classic into a  modern phenomena or completely ruining a classic and all your childhood dreams that go with it.








No comments:

Post a Comment