Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Top Five Favorite Films

Top Five Greatest Movies of All Time: Krystal’s Edition


  • Grease (1978)
    • Classic and personal favorite film. I can literally watch this film a million times, with all the singing and over dramatic scenes and be completely content. Had this film be of the 2000’s I would probably be annoyed and bored of the musical cliches. The characters have great charisma and the songs are addicting. But if nothing else- this film proves to be a great one simply off of the marketable aspect of it (example: halloween costumes). Although I must admit, I wish they would have never made a sequel.







  • Titanic (1997)
    • The hand scene, gives me life! I believe it is one of the main crystallizing images of the film other than Jack holding Rose on the edge of the boat. The storyline of two people from different backgrounds merging into one, to cover one of the classic tales of love in an historic tragedy-is priceless to me. This fictional story of Jack and Rose with real life occurrences was beautiful and remarkably believable. It is hard to imagine the Titanic without the thought of the film and the love story of Jack and Rose. James Cameron as a writer and director for this film was also astounding. Everything from the music, to the special effects, even down to the costumes was purely magical and extremely impressive.




  • Gothika (2003)
    • I’m not a big fan of thriller/crime films but the acting and storyline really draws you in and there’s a certain amount of empathy or sympathy (both) that can be felt! Every single time I watch this film I have an emotional reaction to it, my skin crawls/chills I become nervous and afraid (suspense), and as a result of those constant emotions the film has made my list. I do believe that in a year when romantic comedies were rolling out of the box office, this movie was underrated. I would even go as far as to say that Halle Berry had one of her best performances in the film!




  • Maleficent (2014)
    • The casting was phenomenal, and of course the storyline is great however the true reason why Maleficent has made my list is the outstanding art direction, and costume designs in the film. I believe great art direction can give you if nothing else a boost in ratings, so toast to disney for a great turn out of a new twist. Similar to the 2014 Cinderella art direction, production design, and wardrobe. Angelina Jolie performance as was phenomenal, she managed to make a traditional one-dimensional villain more relatable and sympathetic, as well as magical/ whimsical. I enjoyed how this film isn't classic Disney, but is a new found favorite for adults and kids.



  • The Lion King (1994)
    • Childhood favorite! Great animation, storyline was very impressive, and once again the overall attention the film can grasp from the audience is truly overwhelming. As well as the amount of repetitiveness this film has had over the years, in comparison to its overall likeness is also… shocking. Similar to Tarzan in overall likeness and disney adventure classic. This film has it all amazing animation, all star cast of voices, and great lessons! Its a huge part of my childhood, and a film classic.





Please note that this list was written with my humble opinion and that only, you are all open to your own interpretation/opinions!


Best,

Krystal Novaton


No comments:

Post a Comment