Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My Personal Top Five Favorite TV Series

Top Five TV Series: Krystal’s Edition


  • Sex and The City (1998-2004)
    • This TV Series is will always and forever be a lifeline for me. I really started watching the series in middle school and then the underlying lessons like female self-assurance, confidence, and sexuality I relate and understand as an adult. This show illustrates different kinds of women and situations that women face.

  • CSI: Miami (2002-2012)
    • Investigation crime shows are definitely my kryptonite, and annual summer binges. This show is not just great because it’s based in my hometown but because of the great storylines that keep the show going. There’s not just one main bad guy there's many, I feel like the series (even though it is dramatized) taught me how to handle myself in certain situations. It’s shot great, the golden color corrections do remind me of home, and the series does take after the most badass investigative crime unit.


  • Charmed (1998-2006)
    • This was the one show that literally played from 3- 5pm Monday- Friday religiously. I remember coming home from school and instantly sitting down and watching charmed till either dinner was ready or it was time to do my homework. The idea of three sisters discovering that they are the charmed ones, and have to fight evil to protect their loved ones, and the world is pretty much spot on when it comes to grasping the audience's attention. But it was really the empathy that you can feel for each sister, coming to terms with their lives and their struggle to overcome obstacles

  • Power (2014- )
    • The double life is attractive and interesting to watch. The leading character is one of the wealthiest men but also a drug kingpin. When his business partner gets too hungry, an old enemy is released, and the temptation of an old flame arises James St. Patrick struggles to keep everything under control. This TV Series is very new but took the audience by storm, and enjoys leaving everyone at the end of their seat every episode. PS: This season finale literally left me overjoyed but anxious for the next season! Too much ahead.

  • How to Get Away with Murder (2014- )
    • Viola Davis is nothing short of exceptional and a legendary actress in my book. So naturally as her being the lead character in this TV series is enough to sell me on a great show! I have a love and attachment to each character even through their annoying stages. (If each character can appeal to you- it’s a great show) The thought of law students and a defense professor for crimes becoming tangled in a murder plot is a strong enough storyline to carry over for not just one but several seasons.

1 comment: