Thursday, October 29, 2015

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

Last night when thinking of a "halloween-ish" movie to watch I immediately recommended Beetlejuice. If you have never seen the movie I HIGHLY encourage you to do so. It's directed by Tim Burton, and if that's not a reason enough, I'll give you some more.

The cast is amazing. The main couple are such cuties with such a contrast to the grimey but lovable, Beetlejuice. 

1) Alec Baldwin is one of the leads... look at how young he was!! 
(low key he was really hot too)
2) Only as a teen Winona Ryder rocked her role, Lydia. 

~Such Angst~
I also found out that makeup artists Ve Neill, Steve LaPorte and Robert Short won the 1989 Academy Award for Best Makeup for their work on Beetlejuice. Here's an article I found some other things that are usually unknown about the film: http://mentalfloss.com/article/59718/15-things-you-might-not-know-about-beetlejuice




It heavily involves several characters from "the other side." And following usual Tim Burton style, the movie is packed with creepy, strange, eccentric and whimsical doings. 













If you want a little taste of the cheesy 80's weirdness of the film, here's one of my favorite scenes I loved even when I was a kid. This is one of the ghost couple's (musical) attempts at scaring the family out of their home. It's pure gold. 







No comments:

Post a Comment