Thursday, October 1, 2015

Lord of the Rings

So I've never seen a Lord of the Rings movie before. I don't know, I just never really had an interest in them. I've heard they were good movies, I just never really felt like sitting through 12 hours of movies that I didn't have much of an interest in. I was going to continue living like this, until one of my roommates forced to watch them, all of them, extended editions to boot. So I figured now's as good a time as any, so I decided to sit down with a few people to watch it for the first time.
For a movie that came out in 2001, I think the film held up really well. With a good cast, believable writing and solid special effect for the time, I was pretty impressed with the first movie, Fellowship of the Rings. At some points you could definitely tell from the special effects and cgi that this wasn't a movie released within the past 5 years, but with that being said, they still got the job done and didn't take me out of the experience, plus for the time they must have looked incredible.
In addition to that, at some points the cinematography was really well done. There were a lot of sweeping shots, over head shots, and scenes with a lot going on within them, and all of it was put together really well. There were even subtle touches like certain characters having a glow around them.

Going into this movie, I really didn't think I was going to enjoy it all that much. And to be honest, it isn't toping any best of lists for me. I know that last line is borderline blasphemous in the eyes of some, but with all that being said, it was still a real solid movie and I enjoyed my time watching it. I guess there was a reason that it was included on the American Film Institute's revised 100 Greatest Movies of All Time list as one of the few films from the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment