Thursday, October 22, 2015

My 10 Favorite Movies: Part One

It is a damn hectic week for me, and so it is time for me to relax my brain a little bit and just share with you, the reader, a list of my 10 favorite movies. I kind of stopped watching television and cinema altogether once I hit middle school, as I became enveloped by video games instead, so I have an unusually strong connection with my thought processes as a kid. In terms of most media, I'm a kid in a young adult's body, and I want to keep it that way. So don't expect any cultured or scholarly cinema on this list. Also, this post is going to be long, so part two will be posted next week.

The first one of my favorites is Christmas Vacation. It is easy to assume why this one is one of my favorites. I sit down with family every year and we watch it together. Of course it is going to be one of my favorites, I've watched it with my family during every christmas for probably 12 years straight!



Another one of my favorites is the Dark Knight. This one came my way around eighth grade for me, and it really captivated me. It was one of the very few superhero movies where I wasn't quite sure whether or not the protagonist would prevail, and it had me rooting for the antagonist to succeed at points. For me, this movie is about as close to perfection as they come.



If there's one animated Disney movie that I feel deserves more attention, it's the Emperor's New Groove. This movie, for some reason, appealed to me more than any other animated Disney film growing up. To me, it's a better version of Disney's Hercules. Also, I would love to see this one as a musical, I think it'd be fantastic.



Then there's Pixar, the computer animation corporation. They've pumped out products that can really woo the masses. Having a Pixar film on my favorites won't surprise many. My personal favorite is The Incredibles. I can't believe it has taken so long to get a sequel going for it, especially because from what I believe, it's the only one of the bunch that leaves off with a "cliffhanger." Rise of the Underminer, lets go!



Next up is the Jimmy Neutron movie. Not much to be said here, except that I loved outer space, I loved 90's pop, and I watched a lot of Nickelodeon growing up. Fun fact, the movie came before the show, nobody seems to know that. It's an ironic chicken vs. egg situation, if you get what I'm saying.


That's it for now, I'll be back next week with the other five. During the busiest weeks of the semester, I wanted to take some time to relax while writing blog posts, so there's not going to be much critical analysis from me until later. I really just wanted to step back and share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment