Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Longest Yard (Remake)



I was a little lost trying to figure out something to write about for my blog this week. I ended up getting distracted while brainstorming and watching Youtube videos. Then I found myself watching the "Funniest Moments in The Longest Yard" and I noticed some interesting film techniques.

In analyzing scene from The Longest Yard it was interesting to me to see how the film has changed for me now that I have been studying film. It is one of my childhood favorites and I never noticed until now how spoon fed the shots where. Each and every shot in the film is showing something


intended. Each reaction shot, every play, and all the pans/tilts. It was a very interesting and easy film to break down.

While I still enjoy the film I just found it interesting to see how formulaic its approach in records to camera usage was.

If you would like to check out the funny moments highlights check out this link: Funniest Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment