Friday, September 13, 2013

Funny Or Die: Dave & Chris Road Trippin' Across the USA

Yesterday morning, I woke up at 8:00 AM to get a ticket to see Dave Franco and Chris Mintz-Plasse speak in the Park Auditorium. After waiting for two hours, I didn't get a ticket... But I got on the waiting list. So naturally, I think I have no chance and debate on whether or not I should show up tomorrow for the actual event.

Thinking I wouldn't be able to get in, I tried anyway. I showed up and waited for all the students with tickets to go in. Miraculously, they had space for two more students! And guess who was second on the waiting list?! (If you guessed me, you're right.)

So, today I had the wonderful pleasure of sitting in while Dave Franco, Chris Mintz-Plasse (a.k.a. Mclovin from Superbad), Brian McGinn, Hunter Cope, and some producers of Funny or Die talked to Park students about their "Epic Adventure." They are going around doing things they've always wanted to do (i.e. skydiving) and proving that "it's all possible."


The Announcement: Dave & Chris Road Trippin' Across the USA from Dave Franco

Their strange, uncomfortable, "homoerotic" (see You're So Hot) sense of humor is who they are and what they want to portray to their audiences. They want to produce what they think are funny, hoping that other people will find it funny too.

It was really inspiring hearing their stories and the projects they have worked on/are working on. Their biggest advice for aspiring filmmakers was to help out and work with your friends. When you help out other people, they will return the favor. Produce what you think is good and what you enjoy. Have fun and always make projects. It's very important to continuously work and improve yourself; it's the only way you'll make it.



No comments:

Post a Comment