Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Ides of March



Last weekend I saw a The Ides of March with a couple of my friends. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend anyone should see it. It's the story of a young politician making his big debut on the campaign but quickly learns that no one plays nice in politics. Everyone is out to get everyone else and remove them from the pedestal of power Any tiny mistake that one of them makes, costs their jobs because blackmail is their biggest enemy.

One of the biggest points that my friend talked about was how the title worked perfectly. "The Ides of March" refers to the common story of Julius Ceasar being stabbed in the back. This event occurred on March 15th, an "ide" referring to the number 15. Put all of those phrases to the plot line of the movie, it's a story of stabbing everyone in the back to gain power.

I should warn you going in that the first half hour is very boring because the conflict is not presented early enough but after that, I was on the edge of my seat till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment