Sunday, October 23, 2011

May the Force be with you.


Like all of you (I hope) I grew up on this little trilogy that we knew as Star Wars. Now we call it Star Wars Episodes: IV - VI. Now I can spend this blogpost talking about why the original trilogy is the best and why Phantom Menace was my least favorite out of the six (I didn't see the Clone Wars movie so I am not counting it). But you can read all of that on some forum at some dark corner of the internet. I wanted to ask this question, do we not like the newer Star Wars because they are not meant for us?

I was at Comic Con and I noticed a lot of Star Wars cosplayers and Star Wars booths but many of them focused on the newer trilogy, or the Clone Wars tv show. At first I was not akin to this, me being a stern follower of Luke and the gang, but then I went to a press conference with one of the creators of Robot Chicken, Matt Senreich. A reporter asked him if they have plans on using characters from the Clone Wars Series in Robot Chicken sketches? Matt responded, "Why not? Its still Star Wars but for a different age group." That made me realize how accurate he was, the newer Star Wars are meant to get young kids hooked on the Star Wars. We should be happy that they are loving the Jedi and Wookies instead of shiny vampires and...homework.

Ahsoka Tano and Cade Bane may not be Luke Skywalker and Boba Fett but they are still in the a galaxy far, far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment