Monday, October 24, 2011

Once Upon A Time



Once Upon A Time is a new show that premiered Sunday, October 23 to a magical 12.8 million viewers. I was intrigued to watch this show for many reasons two of which were the amazing cast and the fact that it is penned by the writers of the old show Lost. The fact that it was a modern spin on fairy-tales made it every more intriguing, but did give it a slight bit of doubt to see if they weren't just making a giant cliche. I later found out that an Ithaca College's alum (Liz Tigelaar, who I admire) was listed as a consulting producer and that made me even more excited to watch it.
Overall, I think it is safe to say that this show had a great premiere. It had the second highest viewers on a Sunday night while there was football and the World Series. I think that many of those millions who sat and watched the show agree that it lived up to it's hype. The show was suspenseful, had a nice hook, had great costumes, and great acting. The only thing that could have been better in my opinion, was the special effects....but hey getting great special effects on a TV budget is hard....or maybe it was the fact I was watching it on my computer. I look forward to seeing where this enchanting show goes and hope they live up to their current ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment